Project Coordinator (Head Office Location)
This job posting is no longer active
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and take off with Fountain Tire!
We are growing! Fountain Tire Ltd. has an exciting new position for a Project Coordinator located in our Edmonton Corporate Office.
Why work for Fountain Tire Ltd.?
- We are one of Canada’s "50 Best Managed Companies" for 10 years in a row.
- We are one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards.
- We continually strive to expand our operations in existing markets, as well as new markets. Currently, we have 150 stores across Western Canada, with plans to expand further.
- We have exciting jobs with interesting challenges.
Our vision - to be the best tire dealer in Canada - is reflected in all facets of our business. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented people who want to be a part of achieving this vision. The Project Coordinator (Real Estate and Equipment) reports to the Manager, Real Estate and is part of the Expansion team. The Expansion team provides coaching, support and tools focused on ensuring that buildings and equipment meet the needs of our expanding network of 150 stores throughout Western and Central Canada.
The Project Coordinator (Real Estate and Equipment) has the following key accountabilities:
- Work with Store Managers to identify and meet fleet vehicle and equipment needs, including coordinating the manufacturing and assembly of special orders such as service and picker trucks
- Participate in development, implementation and documentation of practices and procedures for the real estate, construction and vehicle/equipment program delivery
- Support store relocation initiatives and lease renewals by coordinating site research, engaging relators, collecting internal feedback, reviewing site plans and store drawings, and conducting due diligence activities
- Coordinate and support store equipment removals to support Fountain Tire’s environmental stewardship
- Source, evaluate and coordinate the supply of interior and exterior store materials, Fountain Tire signage and service programs for new and existing stores
- Coordinate processes for new store leases and renewal of existing ones
To succeed in this role, we are seeking a candidate with the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Related university degree or technical diploma plus 1-3 years of experience in either commercial real estate or vehicles & equipment services
- Strong project management skills
- Has a “can-do” attitude and meets challenges with excitement
- Proven ability to both lead and work within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the year