Pay & Benefits Specialist I (Edmonton Location)
This job posting is no longer active
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years in the tire and mechanical service industry, Fountain Tire is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's "50 Best Managed Companies". Our pride extends to being one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards.
Our vision - to be the best tire dealer in Canada - is reflected in all facets of our business. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented people who want to be a part of achieving this vision. Join our team at our Head Office in Edmonton, Alberta.
As an important member of the Accounting team, the successful candidate will be responsible for executing bi-weekly payroll, including monthly and year-end reconciliation and reporting, benefits administration, and maintenance of the HRIS by:
- Process bi-weekly payroll in an accurate and timely manner and according to company policy and procedures; this includes completing the necessary process controls (i.e. checks and balances) to ensure completeness and accuracy of payroll.
- Responds to a variety of queries from stores, associates and government agencies; direct escalating issues to the appropriate member of the Human Resources Team.
- Process associate functions: new hires, terminations, transfers, and leaves;
- Review and audit payroll reporting and distribution.
- Update and maintain associate data in ADP and DAX as submitted.
- Assist with year-end balancing, remitting, reporting and T slip issuance.
- Provides assistance with benefit administration.
- Provides assistance in the administration of various corporate campaigns each year (e.g. United Way).
- Provide accurate and timely analysis and reports as requested.
- Coordinate the enrolment or termination of associates in the various benefit programs and plans.
- Ensure integrity and security of associate data; ensure all files meet audit and legislative standards and filing is kept up-to-date.
- Provide support to resolve associate relations issues pertaining to payroll issues; this may include gathering information and researching relevant legislation.
- Participate in maintaining the integrity of the corporate HRIS.
- Keep abreast of applicable legislation and industry best practices that may impact corporate policies and procedures.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2- 5 years of payroll experience for a cross-provincial organization would be an asset; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Completion of or working towards the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certificate.
- Experience with ADP (PCPW) and Report Smith is an asset.
- Working knowledge of processing pay for hourly and salaried associates, year-end processes and payroll systems.
- Working knowledge of various provincial legislation, employment standards, human rights and government sponsored benefits programs.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and practices, preferably through formal training.
- Ability to process payroll with a high level of accuracy and an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal managers/associates and external vendors; this includes a customer service focus with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to effectively manage numerous payrolls and inquiries in a high volume, deadline driven, fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in order to identify problems, resolve issues and evaluate possible solutions.
- Strong computer and reporting skills with an advanced proficiency in MS Excel; familiarity with HRIS would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated professionalism when dealing with confidential and sensitive associate information.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team;
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.