Automotive Tire Technician (Edmonton Location) at Fountain Tire
This job posting is no longer active
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
Here’s who we’re looking for. Does this sound like you?
- Reliable, motivated and driven to deliver quality workmanship and a superior customer experience.
- Continuously looking to learn and use new skills.
- Value a strong team-based workplace.
- Flexible, patient, and calm when working with tight schedules.
- Focused on meeting goals and targets.
Your duties will include:
- Install, balance, rotate, and repair passenger and light truck tires, and wheels as directed by assigned work order in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all tires and wheels are inspected for correct inflation, wear patterns, tread depth and damage according to the inspection form .
- Reset and repair tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS).
- Maintain tire service equipment on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Complete specialty tire work, which could include studding, retread, run flat, nitrogen, etc.
- Complete assigned E-Learning courses including Tire Industry Association (TIA), Rim Safety Course (Wheels Off Certification), WHMIS, Customer Experience Standards, and other courses.
What does it take to get on track?
- High school diploma and one year of tire-related experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of passenger and light truck tires, specialty tire services, and wheels with a keen attention to detail.
- A customer service focus with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers; this includes good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; this includes organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract from province of residence.
- Basic computer skills to successfully complete required learning and safety courses and achieve certification where required.
- Ability to consistently lift 25 kilograms.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.
Whether you are looking to join Fountain Tire on the technical side of the business in the shop—Tire Technician, Automotive or Heavy Duty Technician—or the highly interactive customer facing roles at the front counter—Inside or Outside Sales Representative—both sides of the business are equally important and both can lead to bigger opportunities!