Operations Manager (Edmonton Location)
This job posting is no longer active
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
Fountain Tire is looking for an Operations Manager to join their growing team. As the Operations Manager you will provide Operational leadership, guidance and resources to the Fountain Tire store associates, which contribute to and enable store success in assigned regions.
With the Leadership and Coaching of the Director Store Operations:
- Evaluate and monitor store locations to ensure store operational procedures, as dictated by the Store Operating Agreement, Operational Checklist, Best Practices, Company Policies & Procedures, Code of Conduct & Ethics, and governmental regulations, are communicated and adhered to by all Store Managers and their Associates; this includes completing proper documentation and traveling to store locations to complete evaluations.
- Review and analyze financial and store operational procedures evaluation results for individual store locations; identify, document and make recommendations to Store Managers regarding opportunities for improvement. Work collaboratively with Store Managers to understand issues arising from results, and take the lead in managing the development of strategies and implementation plans for addressing issues.
- Assess and benchmark store operational processes; make recommendations for change that will influence future operational planning, and follow through to implementation.
- Lead Store Managers by supporting day to day operations, providing performance feedback, reinforcing Fountain Tire’s values and vision, providing guidance and approval for annual store budgets, and taking corrective action with Store Managers or the operation when appropriate.
- Resolve customer issues through Store Manager and customer mediation.
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, hire and train new Store Managers; this includes managing the Orientation process to ensure a smooth transition and facilitate ongoing Learning & Development to meet the changing needs of the store and the organization.
- Identify and develop potential Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager successors, including recommending Associates for the AIM program.
- Attend and participate in Fountain Tire corporate events such as Manager and Assistant Manager meetings, Convention, zone meetings, etc. Presentation may be required.
- Ensure Fountain Tire training programs are completed at store locations and that subject matter is applied, measured and reported.
- Participate in change management models that support Fountain Tire’s vision and strategy; this includes contributing to, attending, and supporting conclusions regarding business decisions.
- Recognize and celebrate operational successes and issues.
- Ensure the Program of Safety is implemented, adhered to and kept evergreen in stores, and provincial certification standards are maintained.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Proven ability to both lead and work within a team environment; this includes coaching and team building skills.
- Ability to travel to store locations approximately 40% annually.
- Strong analytical skills required to gather information, resolve issues and evaluate possible solutions.
- Solid organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize numerous projects and competing demands
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders; this includes excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of business experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 5 years of experience in the retail tire industry
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.