Assistant Manager (Coquitlam Location)
This job posting is no longer active
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and take off with Fountain Tire! We’re growing and looking for an Assistant Manager to join our store management team in Coquitlam, BC.
With over 50 years in the tire and mechanical service industry, Fountain Tire is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's "50 Best Managed Companies". Our pride extends to being one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards.
As an important member of the store management team, the Assistant Manager will work closely with the Store Manager to ensure store success by providing professional leadership in all aspects of the store location, and in particular, in dealing with customers at the front counter. This will include:
- Sharing product knowledge and technical expertise with Fountain Tire customers to build existing and new business
- Providing service quotes and receiving customer authorization for work to be performed on customer vehicles, finalizing sales, and completing customer follow up.
- Scheduling customer appointments for tire and mechanical service.
- Recommending tire service, specialty tire service, wheel and mechanical service to customers.
- Ensuring that all products are billed accurately to the customer.
- Completing proactive calls to customers to determine their satisfaction level with the service received.
- Ensuring operational procedures are communicated to Associates and practiced.
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships by providing a superior customer experience, and effectively handling customer complaints when required.
- Assisting with the recruitment and development of a team of Associates dedicated to providing a superior customer experience.
- Assisting with the completion of an annual budget; this includes forecasting revenue and expenditures, accurately tracking budget numbers with particular attention to achieving operational benchmarks.
What does it take to get on track?
- 5+ years of experience in a related field; experience in the automotive aftermarket industry would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate proficiency in all facets of MS Office.
- Ability to set goals and achieve results.
- Proven ability to provide a superior customer experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
What do we offer?
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefit programs for you and your family
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations
We offer a competitive total compensation package, advanced learning and development opportunities, and relocation, and we truly CARE about our people.