Business Analyst (Head Office)
This job posting is no longer active
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us. We are currently looking for Business Analyst for your head office in Edmonton.
As the Business Analyst you will provide continuous improvements and increased effectiveness of the functions, features and work processes that pertain to the business system with a focus on supply chain management. In the course of their duties, the Business Analyst will perform complex systems analysis using methodologies that include project management, data and work flow modeling, entity relationship modeling, requirements collections and requirements specification analysis.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Application support of high availability systems including a widely distributed ERP Application.
- Facilitate the collection of technical requirements, design and testing of complex ERP systems to support business solutions. This includes facilitating meetings for cross functional workgroups providing recommendations for improvements and redesign of current systems.
- Analysis and development of Supply specific reporting including cubes and business intelligence reporting
- Complete complex workflow analysis of current and proposed processes, applying the analysis to divisional business processes, methodologies and operations so that operational efficiencies through the use of the systems can be improved and maintained.
- Evaluate technology alternatives, interview vendors and develop recommendations for system solutions that ensure appropriate integration with the technical architecture.
- Working closely with third party software vendors to support high availability systems
- Development and maintenance of test scripts for unit, user, regression and stress testing
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and MS SQL
- Design and implement upgrades or enhancements to existing technologies.
- Travel to Fountain Tire locations as required to complete assignments.
- Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned
What does it take to get on track?
- Diploma in computing science or business with 3+ years of experience in a related field
- 3 years of leadership experience within a team or project
- 2 years’ experience with ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics AX would be considered an asset
- MS SQL, MS Access 2000
- Microsoft SSIS and SSAS (business intelligence reporting) • Integration and transformation tools (XML and EDI)
- Microsoft Office and Power Pivot
- Experience with Targit Business Intelligence Software would be an asset.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.