Accountant I, Fountain Tire Program (Head Office Location) at Fountain Tire
This job posting is no longer active
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
As an important member of the Accounting, Fountain Tire Program team, the successful candidate will have a focus on ensuring the Fountain Tire program is accurately reflected in corporate reporting. This would include, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring operational costs/rebates administered by the corporate team have been allocated accurately and timely; which includes billings paid on behalf of operational segments, program/advertising fees, promotional events, rebates.
- Updating corporate investment records; which includes recording share transactions, recording of dividends, issuance of shares from all companies, and maintaining non-controlling interest continuity.
- Acting as the first point of contact for the management reporting system. This includes assisting others in using the tool, and both developing and modifying reports.
- Preparing supporting schedules for management discussions and analysis of financial results.
- Actively participating in the review and recommendation of accounting processes and control improvements with a focus on building efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assisting in training accounting team members.
- Competitive market wages.
- Sponsorship and support to complete your Accounting designation.
- Comprehensive benefit programs for you and your family.
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization.
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge.
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle.
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations.
- College diploma with a major in accounting and 3 to 5 years of related experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Enrolment in an accounting designation program (CMA, CGA or CA) would be considered a definite asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX would be considered a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of financial statement preparation and reporting.
- Demonstrated professionalism when dealing with financial information.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external associates.
- Proven organizational and time management skills in order to effectively manage multiple priorities and competing demands within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with an attention to detail in order to research and escalate issues.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.