Legal Assistant (Edmonton Location)
This job posting is no longer active
Fountain Tire Ltd. has an exciting career opportunity for a Legal Assistant located in our Edmonton Corporate Office.
What Do We Offer?
- The opportunity to be part of a small and energetic team that strives for excellence
- A great work environment with a focus on continuous learning and development within your role
- Competitive market wages and comprehensive benefits for you and your family
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations
As an important member of the Legal team, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting corporate and real estate leasing-related activities. This will include:
- Administer the bank account records including opening and closing of accounts, tracking all account information, maintaining signing authorities, preparation of all related documents and related communications
- Oversee all business number records (GST/HST/PST, payroll, corporate tax, tire tax)
- Participate in corporate and real estate leasing transactions including preparation of documents, maintenance of control records, tracking deadlines and orchestrating signing and completion of transactions
- Obtain new AMVIC licenses and handle annual renewal
- Communicate with Store and Operations personnel regarding requests for corporate and real estate leasing information
- Manage Personal Property Registry security registrations
- Provide back-up to Legal team member for insurance related matters and general support
Here is who we are looking for. Does it sound like you?
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail
- A self-starter who is open for continuous coaching
- Proven analytical abilities, problem solving skills and decision-making abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What does it take to succeed?
- 2+ years’ experience in administration or as a legal assistant required (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Knowledge of real estate leasing and corporate transaction documents a definite asset
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- CORES Level 1 Accreditation an asset
If you are looking for a challenging career with lots to do, lots to learn and a great environment to do it in, this is the position for you!