Automotive Tire Technician (Drayton Valley Location)
This job posting is no longer active
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
We are searching for two Automotive Tire Technicians in Drayton Valley Alberta!
What do we offer?
At Fountain Tire Drayton Valley, you’ll have a great place to work:
- The opportunity to work with an excellent team and great customers in a clean, safe and respectful environment
- Regular day shifts, with opportunity for overtime during our busy season (spring and fall)
- Three weeks’ vacation to start!
- Comprehensive benefit programs for you and your family, including a RRSP program with company matching
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations
- The opportunity for growth- apprenticeships and leadership positions
Your duties will include:
- Installing, balancing, rotating, and repairing passenger and light truck tires and wheels as directed by assigned work order in a safe and efficient manner (Truck, farm, industrial and OTR tires and wheels will be added with experience and training)
- Resetting and repairing tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS)
- Maintaining tire service equipment on a regularly scheduled basis
- Completing specialty tire work, which could include studding, retread, run flat, nitrogen, syping, calcium, re-groove, foam fill, etc
- Operating company and customer vehicles in a clean and safe manner
What does it take to get on track?
- High school diploma and one year of tire-related experience
- A working knowledge of passenger and light truck tires, specialty tire services and wheels is an asset
- A keen attention to detail
- A customer-service focus with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract from province of residence
- Basic computer skills Ability to consistently lift 25 kilograms